Here are some reasons for the death of my blog:
1. Everyday in the summer my kids woke up and said, "what are we doing fun today?" and even though I would say "life is not all fun and games, dang-it!", we still managed to have fun and games the entire summer.
2. My sweet 4-year old has declared himself the king of my universe, without notifying me. I am constantly watching music shows, puppet shows, and every other show you can think of...not that it is bad its just that it takes up time!
3. Now that school is in session, everything else is...and with everything else comes practice. There's piano practice and soccer practice, reading and homework. I know that I am not the one doing it but often I feel like I might as well be.
4. Cub Scouts...need I say more? I take a lot of time preparing for 13+ awesome and energetic boys...if I don't, then I am sunk.
5. I am so tired. With one step still in summer and a foot reaching toward fall, I am not going to bed early enough, yet I still get up around 5:30 or 6:30 to exercise. Something has got to give!
6. I hate to admit that I spend time thinking about how I would like to just be a housewife. You know the one who does the ironing in front of the daily soaps and then calls her friends to talk about the latest new twist in the plot, oh yeah and wears curlers in her hair all day until her hubby comes home from work. She also bakes bread and cookies for the little dears when they get home too. What ever happened to those days where that was o.k.? Instead I seem to be running kids here and there, running to the school to volunteer, etc.
7. Christmas is coming and I have been working with Dave to get our printing website up to speed. We have some great Christmas cards...take a look in about a week www.stonemountainpress.com. It is not too soon to prepare.
8. Our Book Club read Les Miserables in the summer. I think that I was the only one to finish all 1400+ pages but that takes tons of time and commitment to just sitting on the hammock and reading! I would rather read than blog I guess.
9. I really have tried to enjoy the outdoors this summer. I try to be outside for the balance of the day because I know that a day will come when I am longing to lounge outside and I can't. Plus with the great outdoors, comes gardening, which I love but there is a lot to do as well as keeping the house clean! I bought a bike too and have been enjoying riding in the great outdoors.
I will stop on nine just for Perla, but there are a few reasons for the death of my blog. It seems like a whole lot of complaining because some people are busier and manage to blog plus train for triathalons, index and make dolls for Haiti! I am not really complaining but rather explaining my full life.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Yeah, your life is pretty full alright! My blog died this summer as well. I just posted last night for the first time since June or July! Sheesh!
Well, you too can be a housewife, just put those curlers in and start ironing some sheets then you can call Laura and talk about 90210 and get addicted to some sort of caffeinated beverage...your dream doesn't have to go by the wayside....OR....if you want to raise happy productive kids just keep doing what you're doing.
Does your blog have to be dead? As in totally DEAD? Can't it just be kind of sick and sluggish -- diseased maybe?
Anywho, all I can do is applaud you for your scouting endeavors. That is one of those callings that is tons of work but that doesn't get much glory because no one knows anything about it unless they have a kid in scouts. I seriously had no idea what they did, but now that Abe is in, I am so happy that his scout leaders plan good things to help them pass off achievements so it doesn't all fall on me and so he loves scouts. Bless you.
i like hearing what is going on in your life right now. if you don't want to keep up on your blog, you don't need to. we like it but you keep journals for your kids so you are safe. at the moment my blog is the only journal that i have so i really have to try and keep up on it but i don't really care whether several weeks go by and i don't post or if i do 4 in a week, great. no pressure.
you are an awesome mom and an awesome friend (especially for stopping at 9 for me).
and i need to call you since our call was cut off the other day about getting together to make dolls. no, i don't have many yet and pats wants to do it, too. so, with all our free time, we really need to schedule a night to get together.
ps sorry about the housewife thing. i don't think your hair has a chance with curlers--unless you are in haiti--that was some cute curly hair you had!
Only one thing to say;
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Please don't kill your blog. I can't stand all the violence. Sometimes you just have to walk away and come back when your patience has resumed. Killing is bad, you can never take it back.
At least your flowers didn't die...they're a little harder to resurrect! It's good to have you back in blogland. You are the ultimate in all you do...especially on your new wheels.
I read "piano practise"?
Hey, have a look at my music blog, from the index linked to you reach among others a piano/guitar page, with links to some few piano compositions I made.
Post a Comment