Wednesday, July 1, 2009

March Madness turns into May, What IT'S JULY!?

Those of you who know me, know that I have a strange fascination with time. I am amazed at how fast it flies, scared that I am going to be 85 any day now, yet I am then pulled back by a day that seems to take an eternity! Oh well, I am doing my best to be in the present and I guess the only way to do so is provide a brief synopsis of the past couple of months...so I can move on!


In March we got to go to Mexico with some amazing people, minus some other amazing people who should of been there but went to Miami instead! Someday the stars will align! There were plenty of stories, laughs and guacamole shared. I am so lucky to live by so many kind and fun friends.
Then our Will turned four. Yes he is obsessed with rainbows. He loves them and draws them, so he had a rainbow cake that he was quite excited about. He has almost let go of Baby Jake (more on him in a later post) to replace him with rainbow creations. We love this Will. All I can say is that he is something else. His latest thing to prove his point is to say, "I'm right you're wrong, I'm smart you're not, I know everything you know nothing, I'm big you're little". We have talked about how that might make others feel bad but I guess he knows his opposites.
We threw in a trip to Moab. We rented a Jeep and Dave tried the "Widow Maker" as the boys (who got out) yelled, "Stop Dad it's not worth it, don't die!" Well Dave didn't die and we had a great time. There is nothing like the beautiful red rock contrasted against the blue sky. I love it!
Soccer Saturdays, the boys in Easter Best and Bubble Fun on a sunny spring day. Our Benny turned 8 so we took him on a backpacking trip to my "happy place" with uncles, his papa, me and Dave and his cousin. It was so amazing. Nothing can describe the serenity of backpacking. Ben loved it and it was fun to be with him on a different level. He is pretty funny! He also got baptized it was such a special experience to share with him. I am grateful for an 8 year old. We also slammed a great hike to a nearby waterfall and finally, Thomas came to town. I took Will and cousin Jack to see him. What fun! No wonder time flies. I cram so much into a day and week there is no other choice. I am so blessed to be able to experience so many fun things with my family.

6 comments:

Minwimm said...

Rainbows eh? I don't want to get political here but promise no rainbow bumper stickers on the van ok.

Mugsy said...

I dream of the day that I get to spend a long summer night playing cards with you again! I loved the update!! Party ON!!

Mugsy said...

I dream of the day that I get to spend a long summer night playing cards with you again! I loved the update!! Party ON!!

Kass said...

Yea...you're back! Great update of the last few months. I agree that time does go too fast and it makes me panic most days too.

Will is quite a guy & will continue to amaze us year after year I'm sure.

Still jealous about the Mexico trip...well all your trips really. You are so great at just going and doing, but Holy Cow the picture of the yellow jeep barely hugging the rocks is frightening. I love most adventure type stuff but I do not love 4 wheeling. I'm glad no one died ;)

moellendorf family said...

hey its cassie moellendorf from the ward im glad i found your blog we miss the ward, my blog is bchfam.blogspot, its private so emai me your email adress, tell kathrine to give me her email too I want to see her blog, its cassiemc514@aol.com

Sherice said...

You blog about like I do. Glad you are having a great summer, and I can't believe you have an 8 year old!! Time really does go way too fast.

p.s. loved the dear abby letter. I admit I have swatted Nic a time or two, and yes it was funny. But it was with my hand- not blunt or sharp objects. :)