Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Almost a Year in Review

It has almost been an entire year since I have last posted. I was going to wait until the actual 365 days have passed but the desire to review 2010 early has hit. January Disneyland with friends was the highlight of the season, I wouldn't be trapped on It's a Small World with anyone else! Christmas rush over. NO measurable snowfall since DEC 13-my birthday-the things I remember! Jazz Games. Junior Jazz Coach of Ben's team-I was the only woman! Don't forget to notice our very special guest for Christmas Eve and Will crying in the adult picture. February Nick turns 7!! Birthday Party + Missionaries + Family + Cinnamon Roll Birthday Cake. Nick is amazing-smart, art contest winning, kind, athletic. Dave and I celebrate our 10th Anniversary.

March Junior Jazz 2nd place in tournament! Will turns 5! Will keeps us on our toes-he is always planning our day, with homework or creations out of paper! He is so creative with his concoctions-bubble gum machines, oops tickets, etc. I got called to the Relief Society Presidency. Boys burying themselves alive with Cade and Abby-that could have been a disaster. April Ahhh...Easter in Maui-I guess we left and there was a huge snowfall. May Ben turns 9! He is so great! He is a good friend, reader, student, athlete and he loves to just play. May is a busy, busy month with all the endings of things and beginnings of summer. June What do you do on a summer day? Cup Towers of course! Yes I reused the cups! Ben and Dave also went to scout camp and had a blast. July Seattle, Forks (yes for real), Vancouver, Victoria with some really great friends I can't find my awesome pictures). Dave turned 36. We had a Fourth of July extravaganza with the help of Dave and my brother Andy. August Bear Lake with Dave's Family is always a treat. School starts for our boys, fourth, second and kindergarten. We bought a Jeep in June and officially broke it in on a trail with tons of dust and rain.
September Dave and I went on a cruise to Croatia, Greece, Turkey, we started in Venice, Italy and then drove to Austria to say that we could when we got off the boat. It was so fun. I was worried that we wouldn't make it but I am so glad that we went. I mean, what kind of mom leaves her kids on the second week of school, never to return because she dies in a ball of flames?
This post might take an actual year to read but it has been a great one! Luckily it isn't quite over yet!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm so glad you didn't die in a ball of flames!! Also, I am so glad I have google shmoogle reader to show me when someone has a new post because otherwise, how, in a million years (or more correctly -- nearly one) would I have guessed to look at your blog for a new post??!

Anywho, you guys live a good life and make so much fun for yourselves wether it is in amazing trips or fun things you do with yoru family. And your boys are all so dang darling.

It made me so happy when we bumped into each other the other day. It made me think how there are some people that you will just always love and feel close to and feel like you know even if months or even YEARS go by with out seeing them. You always have such good insights and are so wise that you always make me feel better about how I'm dealing with the pressures of life. You're the best.

Merrilee said...

I love the pictures of your trip! It makes me miss Italy! I need to see all your pictures sometime.

Perla said...

your post gives me wanderlust. maybe someday you'll wander to texas and maybe just find that you don't hate it. who knows. good job on the review. but feel free to blog more frequently.

Salty Incisor said...

You left out the clown picture!

Kass said...

Wow! What a year...and we still have 2 good months left right? I'm so glad we were in on a couple of those great & could've been bad memories like kids being buried alive. I love how you live life to the fullest & we still need to see all your world travels picts! You and your boys are the best.