Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Viva La France!

So one thing about me is that I am a walking contradiction. I love my home and to be at home, I fight to be home but when it comes to travel...it is an itch that I cannot seem to scratch. So Dave and I decided to take a non-stop flight to Paris a couple weeks ago and it was amazing! It was just so nice to be with Dave alone for 8 days and being in Paris was a plus. Besides our flag and the UK's I love the French flag. The colors stand for liberty, brotherhood and I cannot remember the other but it is cool. Here we are at the Notre Dame Cathedral. Dave and I loved walking up the billion stairs to the top. The stairs are made out of stone but they are indented due to hundreds of years of use. The windows were a beautiful addition to a rather dark and dreary interior. There are alot of arms length shots of Dave and I... My favorite place around Paris is the Arch de Triomphe at the end of the Champs Elysses. I don't know why I like it so much but it captivates me. It is huge and in the middle of an 8-lane round about. As I walked around the city in awe, I still couldn't believe that the Eiffel Tower was there. I kept saying to Dave, "Can you believe this? Can you?" He probably got sick of that! Yes, we have to laugh because in almost all of the arms length pictures Dave looks concerned or mad. It is just that he is concentrating on trying to take a good picture. Lastly, we definitely had our trip to France edified when we came upon some crazy modern art from Jeff Koons displayed in the Palace of Versailles. Who can go without Michael Jackson and Bubbles? Dave and I were really excited to get back to new, open spaces and our kids of course, but it is so fun to see other places and how other people live. This was my second time to Paris and the magic was still there, when everyone out there is up for a trip, we will definitely go again!

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Blast you!! I want trips and adventure. Really, that is so fun that you guys are always doing such cool stuff. What is especially cool is that very cool freaky statue or whatever it is by Jeff Koons was a photo on an art test in college where we had to name the artists. That is sweet that you saw the real deal!! I wish you and Dave would go be on The Amazing Race. You'd kick A.

Perla said...

I'm so glad you posted some pics! I was hoping you would. You guys look so cute and carefree! What fun. I'm so glad you took the opportunity to do that. I vow to you that one day jas and i will travel with you!

Perla said...

p.s. since meg won't help you out, to get rid of your music, do this:
1. sign in
2. click customize
3. click layout
4. click page elements
5. you will see a list of all of the things that are on the right side of your blog listed there. go down to the playlist, or it may just be listed as html.
6. click edit
7. delete it!

Mugsy said...

OK you two look so in love and beautiful! Why am I not there?!
What an amazing trip at least I can live through you. O and I noticed you still have the music! HA HA you probably can't remember how to take it off! Sucka!!

Ogden High said...

Nance, Dave and I would not do well on the amazing race because if we miss a train or sit on one for awhile when it empties and starts to go in the wrong direction, we laugh and enjoy the ride (that happened). It wouldn't be cool to say ha, ha we just lost one million dollars because we weren't observant enough to notice the happenings around us.

To you all and the music, yes I want it off but I guess I am too lazy or preoccupied (Haiti, yard, crazy, insane kids) to do it. Yes I am a sucka.

Kass said...

Awesome picts & recap of your trip. I was trying not to be jealous the whole time you were gone :)

Heather said...

Now this is a vacation! Someday I am going to go somewhere that has things to see other than poverty and garbage! I loved meeting you. You are a darling person. I can't wait until the next trip! Hope to see you there! Heather

Salty Incisor said...

You need to change your profile pic to that one at the Eiffel tower with your husband. It is so cool. Love it!!
These pictures are all so cool!!
I am glad you got to go!!